FAFSA 2024 Updates
As of January 30, 2024
The U.S. Department of Education announced that they will not be releasing student FAFSA information to colleges until mid-March. That means no school can offer a comprehensive financial aid offer that includes verified federal and state aid amounts until late March or early April.
We know this delay may be concerning for you and your family, but don’t worry! We’re here to help.
While we all wait, here are a few helpful reminders:
- As soon as the Department of Education releases your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) results to us, we will send you a comprehensive aid offer.
If you have already filed the FAFSA, you should receive your aid offer in early April. If you have not yet filed your FAFSA, please see number 3 below.
- If you already have been accepted to GMercyU, review your GMercyU acceptance packet, which includes information on scholarship and other funding that’s awarded at the time of admission. This amount will be deducted from your tuition costs.
You may also be eligible additional financial aid based on the results of your FAFSA.
Other types of aid may include:
- Federal Pell Grant
- GMercyU Need-Based Aid
- Federal Loan Funding
- Federal Work Study Funding
- State Grant Funding (if you live in Pennsylvania)
Scholarships and grants will not need to be paid back, but loans will. Work Study funding is paid directly to the student based on the number of hours worked.
- If you haven't filed your FAFSA, file it now and add GMercyU's school code 003270.
Have questions about the process? Visit this page to set up a time to meet with someone from our Financial Aid office who can walk you through the process step by step OR register here for our FAFSA Completion Night on February 20.
Please note: If you haven't added GMercyU's school code 003270 to your already filed FAFSA, be ready to add it once you’re able to make changes in March. (You currently cannot make changes to an already-filed filed FAFSA.)
- Explore our Net Price Calculator. As long as you enter the correct financial information, the results should be very close to what you can expect to see in your comprehensive financial award offer once we receive your FAFSA from the Department of Education.
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: 215-646-7300 ext. 21216
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Campbell Hall
Additional Financial Aid Resources